NEOPAT DIRECTOR PHILANTHROPY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
JOB DESCRIPTION – POSITION SUMMARY:
The Northeast Ohio Foundation for Patriotism (NEOPAT) is a 501(c)3 organization and uses donations to assist local partner organizations and enhance the support systems for deserving military families and veterans throughout Northeast Ohio. More about NEOPAT, and how community members can assist and support its efforts in serving those who have served so proudly, can be found at: www.neopat.org. NEOPAT’s Director of Philanthropy and Community Engagement is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and building out all of NEOPAT’s fundraising efforts, including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events, capital campaigns, and endowment strategy development. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
• Reside in the Northeast Ohio area.
• Must embrace the mission of NEOPAT.
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
• Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift
• Have knowledge of Northeast Ohio foundations and private donor opportunities.
• Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other
• Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships and
enhance community relations opportunities for NEOPAT.
• Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
• Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
• Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate
presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
• A bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience in community relations, marketing, professional fundraising, grant
writing, and donor development strategy build out.
• Knowledge of CRM/donor database software, Little Green Light preferred.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish
effective communications and community relations with them.
2. Identify, connect, and coordinate volunteer opportunities between area
corporation veteran volunteer groups and projects in the community.
3. Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of
4. Oversee grant seeking, including research, proposal writing, and reporting
5. Build out the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as
bequest expectancies, and endowment structure development.
6. Work in collaboration with NEOPAT’s Marketing Team.
7. Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
8. Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
9. Coordinate fund raising special events.
10. Direct employee fundraising drives.
11. Oversee prospect research.
12. Work closely with NEOPAT Executive Director, and Board of Directors especially
as it relates to program build out and endowment strategy development.
13. Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information
about NEOPAT and its mission with the community.
14. Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
15. Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
16. Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
17. Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
18.Maintain gift recognition programs.
19. Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
20. Perform other related duties as requested.
• Position as independent contractor.
• Monthly retainer of $5,000 per month, competitive/commensurate with
experience and other qualifications and negotiable.
Email resume to Rick DeChant at NEOPAT at: email@example.com.
Note that the Northeast Ohio Foundation for Patriotism is an equal opportunity