Northeast Ohio Foundation for Patriotism (NEOPAT) Administrative Assistant
The Northeast Ohio Foundation for Patriotism (NEOPAT) Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the employees and/or officers of NEOPAT. The Administrative Assistant works closely with The Executive Director, The Director of Philanthropy and Community Engagement, and the Board of Directors in all endeavors.
- Position is virtual but there may be a need for on-site support at the NEOPAT Gala and golf outing
- Occasional assistance with NEOPAT related deliveries and pick ups
- Need to be available during normal work hours (9 am – 5 pm)
- Reside in the Northeast Ohio area & embrace the mission of NEOPAT.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Have knowledge and experience in administrative tasks such as scheduling, organizing, communicating, and record keeping.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability.
- Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge of and experience in CRM or other database software.
- Knowledge of and experience in QuickBooks is a plus but not required.
- Be available up to 20 hours per week and have reliable transportation.
- Have available technology for use in daily tasks. (i.e. Computer, printer, scanner, etc..)
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support NEOPAT staff and Board Members in projects and initiatives.
- Regular maintenance and updates in CRM database, including entry of new contacts and updating existing contacts with updated information.
- Maintain communication between NEOPAT, beneficiaries, and supporters.
- Coordinate volunteers for events and initiatives
- Research and compile listings of veterans and other key individuals.
- Assist in fundraising initiatives.
- Coordinate mailings to the community and track responses.
- Monitor requests for NEOPAT support and coordinate communication to appropriate parties.
- Provide support in prospect research.
- Attend (Virtually and/or physically) NEOPAT board meetings and track initiatives discussed.
- Check mailbox regularly and process mail accordingly (enter bills for payment, route mail to proper individuals, etc.)
- Always demonstrate professional conduct.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Position as independent contractor.
- Monthly retainer of $15.00 – $18.00 per hour, competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications and negotiable.
- E-mail resume to Rick DeChant at NEOPAT at: email@example.com.
- Note that the Northeast Ohio Foundation for Patriotism is an equal opportunity employer.